Not far from Timbuktoo fallen under the yoke of the religious extremists, Kidane lives a simple and peaceful life in dunes, surrounded with his wife Satima, his daughter Toya and with Issan, his small 12-year-old shepherd.
In town, the inhabitants undergo, powerless, the diet of terror of the jihadists who took hostage their faith. Finished music and laughter, cigarettes and even the football ... The women became shadows which try to resist with dignity. Improvised courts return every day their absurd and tragic judgments.
Kidane and his seem one time saved by the chaos of Timbuktoo. But their fate falls over when Kidane kills accidentally Tinder the fisherman who took himself in GPS his favorite cow.
He then has to face the new laws of these occupants come moreover...
Les films du Worso, Dune Vision, Arches Films, ARTE France Cinéma, Orange Studio
Canal+, Ciné +, ARTE France, Le Pacte, TV5 Monde et le Centre National du Cinéma et de l’Image Animée, Indéfilms 2
Abderrahmane Sissako et Kessen Tall
Ibrahim Ahmed dit Pino, Toulou Kiki, Abel Jafri, Fatoumata Diawara, Hichem Yacoubi, Kettly Noël
Festivals and rewards
- French Film Festival In Japan
- Transilvania international Film
- French Film Festival Of Cuba, Israël, Dublin, Bienne.
- Hong Kong, Rotterdam, Tokyo, Palm Springs, Anu Dhabi, Vienna, Chicago, Hamburg, Rio de Janeiro, Karlovy Vary International Film Festival.
- The Alliance Française French Film Festival (Australia, New Zeland)
- Oscar (Nomination For Best Foreign Language Film)
- Cesar (7 Nominations)
- AFI FEST
- Warsaw Film Festival
- New York Film Festival